Hello everyone! How are you? ? Today I come to talk to you about a topic that perhaps many people overlook in their daily routines. When we think of summer, of exposing ourselves to the sun and heat, we have well learned that we must use sun protection and take certain measures so that our skin is not affected by the incidence of its rays.
But have you ever stopped to think that the skin isn’t the only one suffering from exposure? Our eyes can also suffer great damage if we do not pay attention to them. The most common eye problems at this time of year are:
- Irritation. Chlorine, contact with seawater, high sun exposure and air conditioning cause discomfort, redness and stinging in the eyes.
- Conjunctivitis. The film that protects the eyes and eliminates substances that can enter them, can be altered by chlorine or spend many hours in the sun, causing irritating, viral or bacterial conjunctivitis.
- Dry eye. Air conditioning can be harmful and can promote the development of dry eye syndrome.
- Keratitis. This is inflammation of the cornea caused by improper use or poor hygiene of contact lenses.
How can we prevent these injuries?
- Wear approved sunglasses. Always use models that guarantee the care of your eyes; they should be used by both adults and children.
- Hygiene measures to prevent the spread of conjunctivitis. Infectious conjunctivitis is spread through contact and the sharing of towels, clothing, etc. It avoids its transmission by using protective goggles for swimming and diving, both at the beach and in the pool.
- Take your contact lenses off before you go in the water. Under no circumstances should contact lenses come into contact with water, the perfect environment for the development of bacteria capable of causing keratitis.
- Moisturize your eyes. Do not abuse the air conditioning in the apartment, hotel and car.
- Practice sports with appropriate glasses. Your eyes should be especially well protected, especially if you are going to do physical contact, speed or adventure activities.
Remember that if you notice any strange symptoms you should go to your doctor for a solution as soon as possible. Eye health is super important, don’t let it spoil your summer! ?